Friday, October 1, 2010

Light the Wick

Yesterday afternoon I got some email saying that Teton Gravity Research was debuting their newest ski film Light the Wick at a concert hall near my flat in London. I have always wanted to go to these things, but they don't usually make much of an appearance in Dallas. I convinced Stew to join me.

Stew doesn't ski much and he loved it too. Do yourself a favor and check it out. Also, look into one of their productions Deeper on iTunes. They showed a preview and I will watch it on the plane to Munich later today. (Also, our office espresso machine arrived yesterday.... consider yourself warned).

It is the first ski movie to have a 3D sequence and the overall quality was amazing. It got me totally pumped to steal some weekends and get some high-altitude backcountry turns in Chamonix this winter. Preview after the jump (I embedded HD, turn it off if you are downloading slowly):




No comments:

Post a Comment