Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weekend Update

What a whirlwind weekend.


I left London on Friday and landed in Raleigh that afternoon. Two of the other guys in Andrew's wedding picked me up and we fought Labor Day traffic all the way to Greensboro. A 4 hour drive took about 6-7 hours. The bachelor party took place at the Rumbling Bald Resort in Lake Lure, NC. It is a beautiful mountain golf community with two Nicklaus courses. The weather was gorgeous and we had a blast (the cold beer helped).


Nicole drove all the way out to pick me up on Sunday. I got to finally meet our new Rhodesian Ridgeback ("Deacon") and drive back to Winston for the night. I was also able to see Nicole's parents for awhile, which is always fun. I can't wait for our Costa Rican Christmas this year.


Sadly, I had to catch my flight yesterday afternoon out of Raleigh. At first, the flight seemed benign. We were a few minutes late leaving, but no big deal; I had an empty seat next to me and slept straight through. Upon landing, I received an email from my roommate that all of the London Underground was going to be shut down today for labor strikes. Read the WSJ article about this here.


Before I could even get that far, however, I spent two solid hours waiting in line to clear immigration into the UK. Not how I wanted to start the week. Fortunately, its a short one and I get to see Mom in Italy this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment