Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Update: Berlin and Tough Guy

Friday morning, I caught a flight to Berlin for the World Money Fair. Basically a convention for anyone that trades monetary items in physical form. Lots of different aspects represented from people that trade in rare fiat currencies to numismatic collectors to sovereign mints (UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, etc). Almost purely a business trip, but I did manage to see (and touch) a piece of the Berlin wall.

My overall impressions of Berlin, which shouldn't be taken too seriously because of the nature and duration, is that is very much an industrial city. I guess its good to have seen a little bit of it, but overall I greatly preferred Munich.

On Saturday afternoon, I caught a flight back to London in order to get my kit together for the Tough Guy (www.toughguy.co.uk). I met up with the guys from Thames Crossfit (not Central London, where I normally workout) and we drove for a few hours North to Wolverhampton in the tiniest station wagon I've ever seen. 

I am going to do a separate write-up for the Tough Guy, but in brief: it was miserable. The most fun I NEVER want to have again. They have perfectly figured out how much suffering and abuse a human body can take and that is exactly how much you go through. Hopefully, they will post action pictures in the next couple of days for me to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment