Thursday, February 24, 2011

Give them some room



I don't like road biking. It was a blast in Colorado where I could climb hills, but in Texas you have flat roads and not-so-helpful infrastructure. My biggest issue, however, are the drivers. When I ride MTB trails, I can fall and get a little banged up, my fault. On pavement, the more likely event is that I get clipped from behind by some fatty in a Suburban because they were reaching for a Diet Coke (zero calories!). The end result would not be good.

Outside Magazine has a good article this month exploring the relationship between bikers and drivers. I would love to be able to commute to work on a bike one day, but we would really have to change a great deal in order to facilitate that. Check out the full article here. Its an interesting examination of psychology as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment