Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend Update: Six Nations Rugby

Fun weekend around London. I got together with a big group of friends for some tacos and beer on Friday night at Taqueria and then some drinks in and around Notting Hill. It went a bit later than we planned as we had a big day ahead of us.

Saturday was awesome. Stew, JJ, Burgess and I got tickets to the England-Italy match for the Six Nations rugby tournament. This was my first live international rugby match and it was a sight to behold. Twickenham is the English national team's rugby stadium and it is beautiful. Here is a stock photo. I'll try to upload one from my camera later.



Burgess and I talked rugby while JJ and Stew just took in the sights. I ended up betting a kid in front of me that the US will make a World Cup final in 12 years. I really do think its a better sport than American football. Two forty minute halves are completed with only a short halftime break. No TV timeouts, no stoppage of play. Way more spectator friendly. We just need to get the athletes to buy into it.

The only down side is that it really made me miss playing, which is not a good idea given the state of affairs with me knee.

It was a long day with lots of fun and plenty of beer. Sunday was largely recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment