Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend Update: Rugby Rugby Rugby

Last weekend, I went to the Six Nations match at Twickenham and got the itch to play some rugby again. With that in mind, I got in touch with Ealing squad about playing this weekend with their social side. Turns out they needed someone to play weak-side flanker which is my favorite position.

UPDATE: For rugby info, Ealing has posted a match report

Of course, it poured rain on Friday night so the pitch was soaked. Cold and wet is apparently the only way to play here. I must have been a bit optimistic by even packing my firm ground cleats. The match was fun and my knee held up surprisingly well for the full 80 minutes. I made a couple of great plays (and even scored once) and a couple of really dumb plays. All in all, they seemed happy to have me and even asked me to play with hem again if I could. The drink up was fun and much more civil than my Wake Forest daze days. I left from there and went to a Crossfit BBQ at CrossFit Central London.

Another tube trip across town and I met up with some friends for a drink in Notting Hill. Then, exhausted, I went home. Fin.

On the bright side, they have asked me to play again this weekend. And I don't have to practice!


On a fun note, try The Aggression Questionnaire

No comments:

Post a Comment